VACANCY FOR POSITION OF RECTOR
The Interim Management Committee (IMC) of Wa Polytechnic invites applications from qualified persons for appointment to the position of RECTOR of the Polytechnic which becomes vacant on 1st October 2016.
- The Rector is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Polytechnic, and is accountable to the Governing Council as the academic and administrative head of the Polytechnic.
- The Rector is the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the Polytechnic, and exercises general authority over both staff and students, subject to the Polytechnics Act 745 (2007) and the Statutes of the Polytechnic.
- The Rector provides leadership in achieving the strategic objectives, the vision and mission of the Polytechnic, with the view to promoting academic and professional excellence, in line with the mandate of Polytechnic education in Ghana.
- The Rector is also responsible for the prudent Financial and Human Resource Management of the Polytechnic.
- Must be a distinguished and internationally acclaimed scholar.
- Must have wide experience and knowledge in tertiary education.
- Must have a proven capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff.
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organisational skills.
- Must be circumspect and above reproach.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and capacity to manage and control crisis situation.
- Must be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the Polytechnic for a common purpose
- Must have the capacity to raise funds and other resources for research and other development activities of the Polytechnic from both internally and from without.
- Must have a minimum qualification of PhD in Engineering, Applied Science, Business Administration or Social Science and must have attained the minimum rank of Associate Professor.
- Must have twelve (12) years post qualification experience with wide experience and knowledge in Tertiary Education Management and Administration.
- Must be able to serve a full four (4) year Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of sixty (60).
- Must have a knack for conflict resolution and knowledge of the concept of Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR).
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment will be for four (4) years in the first instance, and may be renewed for a further term of two (2) years only,
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates must submit six (6) copies of comb bound document comprising:
- Application letter,
- Copies of Certificates,
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names, postal and email addresses of three (3) referees; and
- A short vision statement not exceeding seven (7) pages outlining the applicant’s vision for transforming the Polytechnic’s Administration and Human Resource Management System, and also his vision on the transformation of the Institute from a Polytechnic into Technical University.
Applications must be sent under registered and confidential cover and marked POSITION OF RECTOR not later than 15 September 2016 to:
SEARCH COMMITTEE FOR RECTOR
P.O. BOX 553
WA – UPPER WEST REGION