Electrical/Electronic Engineering Department in the School of Engineering of Wa Polytechnic proposes the introduction of the above mentioned programme that will lead to the award of a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
The vision of the Department Electrical/Electronic Engineering is to be the premium center for the training of highly qualified diplomats for the Electrical/Electronic Equipment Installation, Operation and Maintenance to contribute to national development agenda.
The mission of the department includes the following:
- Employ highly qualified and committed staff to assist in training of students
- Adopt modern approach to prepare and equip student with practical knowledge and skills to manage installations, install, operation and maintenance of Electrical/Electronic equipment in organizations effectively
- Foster an effective teaching and learning environment for academic success;
- Ensure the availability of world-class research modern facilities to support technology-based teaching and research;
- Provide students in the department with high-quality and up-to-date curricula
The course is to train highly qualified Higher National Diploma graduates (HND) with the requisite knowledge and practical skills for the managerial, supervisory and Technical support positions in the Electrical/Electronic Industries.